May 18, 2011

"Wonder" in Wonder Bread.


Dear Marketing Experts,

You have been the sole reason for me to make me excited to have new things from the bottle of water which I had in school after witnessing the Red backs success in NFL or the shaving razor Mach3 including the Gel  just because you had influenced me through your advertisement campaign that I will get the best of shave and nourishing skin with a hot chick sleazing down my chin. But, that never happened I had to help my own self every time I shaved. 

Switching from some local undergarments to the branded one didn’t enhance my manhood or strengthen it but you fooled me in it by putting up the tag line “Strong Man with Strong Belief” I wonder today how one can be strong in his belief by putting on some specific brand undergarment.

You guys, didn’t stick to TV advertisement either since, you’re up to maligning me by putting up such sensual billboards and hoardings in the third world countries of these Bollywood and Hollywood actors with some mango drink and hair removing creams. C’mon you rich marketing expert I’m just lonesome engineer having my salary in peanuts can’t afford alcohol nor some good brand cigarettes’. Hence, you are making me a serial masturbater.

I request you that in this third world country which is republic as well as Islamic, dying with economy and violence. Please, stop campaigning with sensual advertisement that we lost our wives and forcibly asking our daughters to switch the channels on the "Prime Time".  

Dear Marketing Experts,

As being a Muslim and the citizen of Islamic Republic of Pakistan. I want to address a serious issue which I have been facing because of you guys while watching Television or remotely moving around the city. It is the sleazy hair removal creams and fruit drinks ads which may cause nudity in the society and can create negative impacts in the mind of the infants and teens.

Please, have some role in society you have the power to create a positive impact.

I think that I shall never see
A billboard lovely as a tree.
Perhaps, unless the billboards fall,
I'll never see a tree at all.
~Ogden Nash, "Song of the Open Road," 1933

2 comments:

  1. Like many other fields, Marketing too, is a dynamic arena,and complies, based on the perspective of a specific Marketer.
    As far as 'prime time' approach is considered, it appears to have faced Dianosaurs' extinction fate on our National TV(s)(almost all of 'em). Name a channel where the prime time concept is being followed these days. I'm afraid, one may get bitterly dissappointed as its apparently non-prevalent in the present age.

    What is required is 'Socially Responsible Marketing'--Capturing customer value must not overshadow or compromise with the set Ethical Standards.

    P.S. If 'Diamonds Are Forever' and 'Red Bull Giving You Wings' then its You who has to prioritize whether Wings or Brains are required to be sought :D

    In case of extreme difficulty comprehending it, one can always seek one's Better-Half's consent. Consequently, it might end up losing either Wife or Life :D

    ReplyDelete